I'm CTO at Giant, an agency which makes the world better. I have spent a lot of my career building software teams, creating resiliant systems, and managing internet infrastructure.
My professional interests lie in digital giving; I help charities, NGOs and other ethically-positive organisations promote themselves online, and raise funds through digital. Outside of my work, I'm interested in UNIX, open source, and digital history.
This website doesn't represent the views of Giant, but there's probably a lot of overlap.
I have profiles on GitHub and LinkedIn.
- A game a week - 3
- A game a week - 2
- A game a week - 1
- Listing all Django URLs in a project
- Parallel Rsync
- Dokku Cheatsheet
- Github Marketplace Endgame
- Blackbox Redux
- Digital Workshop
- Serverless Thoughts 2
- Serverless Thoughts 1
- Creating a new email user with `postfix` on Void
- User services with `runit` on Void Linux
- Thinkpad X230/X220 keyboard swap
- Bringing up KVM on Arch
- TabNine on FreeBSD
- The simplest pulseaudio installation on Arch
- Distributed compilation with distcc on Arch
- Syncing Gmail with mbsync
- Thinkpad x230 fingerprint reader on Arch Linux
- Installing Arch on a Vultr VPS
- Automatically --set-upstream when pushing a new branch
- Remembering Rob Edwards
- QBasic Development
- Setting up wee-slack
- Remote Working Roundtable
- Personal VPN Setup
- Recursively updating S3 bucket permissions
- Listing ElasticBeanstalk applications with the aws CLI tool.
- How To Fire Someone
- Django coverage reports without unit tests
- create-react-native-app on High Sierra in 2018